I absolutely love living in Edmonton. As someone who was born and raised in this city, I have a special relationship with these neighbourhoods, especially when it comes to taking people on a tour of their dream homes. If you're not convinced that Edmonton is the best city on the planet, here are five reasons worth mentioning.
1. What many Edmontonians sometimes forget is that we're surrounded by natural beauty. Our River Valley, Canada's largest urban park, is a year-round favourite thanks to its trails and the long list of recreational activities. Edmonton is also just a short trip away from Elk Island National Park, Canada's largest fully enclosed national park and home to a variety of wildlife. Whether you end up camping with your friends and family in the summertime or you grab your skis and go cross-country skiing, there are many ways to appreciate our city's beautiful landscape.
2. I'm proud to say that Edmonton has the best and most diverse festivals in the entire country. If you're a fan of jazz music, aviation, or even the works of William Shakespeare, you'll find an event worth checking out throughout the year. These festivals are a great way to learn about the community and expose yourself to a side of the city that you might not be aware of. To find out some of the festivals coming to Edmonton, visit this page.
3. I'm a huge proponent of supporting local businesses. Buying local ensures better relationships with those in the community while creating more opportunities for long term economic development. From the cozy, yet popular shops on 124th Street and Whyte Ave to the wide range of delectable resturants throughout the city, Edmonton is quickly becoming the place to be thanks to the unique and diverse experiences being offered from these businesses. One of the best ways to support Edmonton's businesses is through Edmonton's cash mob, where they pick unsuspecting businesses and cash bomb them! Click HERE to find out more information.
4. Are you a sports fan? You'll love what Edmonton has to offer. Besides the Oilers (who, at the time of writing, aren't in last place!), you've also got the Oil Kings and the Eskimos, the latter of which brought home the Grey Cup this year! Edmonton also has tons of options for playing sports, including the Edmonton Sport and Social Club. Plus, with the Rogers Place under a year away, things are about to heat up for the downtown core!
5. I can tell you from my time as a realtor that each of Edmonton's neighbourhoods are one of a kind. From the hustle and bustle taking place in Oliver to the more family friendly homes in Ellerslie, there are plenty of homes regardless of what you're looking for. If you're ready to buy or sell your home or just want more information on what your best option is, give me a call at 780-438-2500 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org; I'm also on Facebook and Twitter, so follow me if you want to stay up to date with everything real estate related in Edmonton. Talk to you soon!
Posted by Chris Proctor on