One of the biggest factors new homebuyers take into consideration is location. The Proctor Team did some research and put together a list of top elementary, junior high, and high schools in Edmonton to help you with your search.
Certain areas of the city can be more or less appealing to individuals based on surrounding amenities, and whether or not these amenities best suite a family’s lifestyle needs. Nearby schools are a major influencer for young and growing families, and often determine where they choose to invest in a new home. Providing children with the best education possible is a large priority, so taking the time to do your homework (pun intended!) on the schools surrounding your potential future home is a good idea. We've compiled a list of public and Catholic schools in the Edmonton area that have received the best reviews and offer top-notch programs to complement your children’s needs.
- Mount Pleasant: Located in South Edmonton, this elementary school regularly receives acclaimed review from the Fraser Institute. The school features a knowledge-based program called Cogito dedicated to helping average students boost their academic potential.
- St. Martin School: Offering Ukrainian bilingual K-6 elementary education in Southwest Edmonton, this school is focused on high academic achievement. Plus, transportation is provided for all students living outside the school’s boundaries.
Junior HighPublic School:
- Grandview Heights School: This grade 1-9 school is situated in Edmonton’s southwest side. What sets it apart from other junior high schools? Their impressive Academic Alternative program, which focuses on academic excellence and is targeted towards students who show an early interest in pursuing a post-secondary education.
- Holy Cross: Found in Edmonton’s West End, this French immersion International Baccalaureate junior high features various junior high complementary courses, such as Robotics, Visual Communication, and Silk-screening.
High SchoolPublic School:
- Old Scona: With an established reputation as a first-rate university prep school, this celebrated South Edmonton high school ranked at the top of the list by the Fraser Institute for the 2014-15 school year.
- Archbishop MacDonald: This West Edmonton high school features outstanding academic programs, including the International Baccalaureate program and the option for French immersion. Students also have a wide assortment of sports teams to explore.