During my time as a realtor, I’ve helped people find homes all throughout Edmonton. Over the years, I’ve discovered a simple way that property owners can increase their chances of selling their homes.
Not only are more people exposed to the listing, but they’re also more interested in visiting the home. Buyers are willing to pay more because they consider the property to have a higher value. The best part of all? It is of no additional cost to you.
But what is this secret? It’s something that I do with every one of my clients: hire a professional photographer.
Why would a buyer step into your home if they don’t have a good understanding of what the place looks like? From my experience, one of the easiest ways sellers can differentiate their listings from the rest of the properties on the market is by investing in a photographer. As they walk through your home, they’ll be able to enhance its features by highlighting aspects that many of us overlook, but appreciate.
These small but noticeable differences, such as the correct lighting, composition, and arrangement, make a huge impact when it comes to the overall price of your home. In fact, according to an article in the Wall Street Journal, “listings with nicer photos gain anywhere between $934 and $116,076–as measured by the difference between asking and final price–over listings using photos from point-and-click cameras.
Even though you might be handy with an iPhone, high-quality photos could mean the difference between an easy or hard seller.
To see what a difference the right photo can make, take a look at these before and after pictures. I’ve even included examples of listings from my past clients to show you why I always work with a photographer.
Instead of ending up with fuzzy, dull images, a professional photographer will be able to showcase your home using sharp, high quality pictures
2) When taking photos, be aware of how natural and artificial light can impact the feel of your room.
3) If you’re featuring a popular space in your home like an entertainment area, it’s best to tidy up before you start taking pictures. This gives people a better understanding of how much room is available.
4) Sharp pictures can be the difference between a visit and a pass. Professional photographers use high-end cameras with lenses that result in a noticeable distinction.
5) Warm colours are generally more inviting and vibrant as opposed to areas with lots of shadows.
6) If you’ve got a fantastic view, don’t be afraid to show it off!
7) Unless you’re trying to show off a unique feature, smaller spaces like bathrooms should be seen with a single picture.
8) Basements don’t have to be dumps. Consider selling or donating any items you don’t often use in order to clear up space and show buyers how big the room is.
9) Include a shower curtain and fresh linens to add a personal touch to any room.
10) Matching nightstands with the same lamps are just one way you can create a sense of balance and a cozy ambiance.
What did you think of these photos? It’s amazing what happens when you rearrange a few items and work with a pro. If you’re looking for more information about why photography is so important, or you just want to chat, feel free to give me a call at 780 438 2500 or by email at email@example.com. I’d love to chat with you and figure out how I can be of service.