I love Edmonton, and proudly call the city my home and my “workplace” as well. And one of my favourite communities to visit and work is Ambleside.
Indeed, there’s so much to love about this charming and unique community – it’s really something you have to personally experience to truly appreciate. However, I’ll do my best by giving you a brief thumbnail sketch of why Ambleside is truly an outstanding place to live and raise a family.
- Incredibly accessible and very “walkable.” So if the thought of quaint walkways, trails and paths inspires you to get your running shoes on, then you’re in luck!
- Full of natural, green spaces including three parks (with more on the way!). The parks are well maintained and ideal for families and friends.
- Dotted with a lake and ponds to really make you feel that you’re getting back to nature.
- Conveniently within minutes of the Anthony Henday Freeway and the Edmonton International Airport.
- Served by all of the modern shopping conveniences that you’d normally find in a much larger community – which means you’ll find WalMart, Safeway, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabelas and plenty more on the way, including Staples, Cineplex Odeon Cinemas, Future Shop, Montanas, 5 Guys Burgers, Swiss Chalet, and more.
- Ideal for starting and raising a family, with a future school site that will be developed in the near future.
- Safe and secure, with a new police station and new fire station currently under construction. A 60,000-square foot medical building is also on the way.
- Full of different kinds of housing to suit all needs and budget – from individual, couples of families starting their journey of home ownership, to larger families and retired couples who want to “enjoy it all” but without having to move to a big, busy city.
- Home to many community events, such as the annual Family Day Frolic that was held last month – there were sleigh rides, skating, games and more!
As you can see, I’m sold on Ambleside and it’s truly one of my favourite communities in all of Edmonton. It’s also one of my most frequent “workplaces,” because more and more people are in agreement with me and want to call it home.
If you’re interested in discovering more about a community that is truly unlike any other in Edmonton and, for that matter, anywhere else in Canada that I’ve ever been, then call me at (780) 709-0811. I’d be happy to provide you with more information, and take you on a tour.
And be prepared to fall in love, because Ambleside is truly something special!